May 21, 2020
If you are upgrading from CDRouter 11.x or earlier versions, you must meet the prerequisites listed in the CDRouter 12.0 Release Notes prior to upgrading to CDRouter 12.2. Please review that document and contact email@example.com if you need any assistance.
CDRouter 12.2 includes many new features and configuration testvars. Old config files can be automatically upgraded to include all new CDRouter 12.2 testvars using the config upgrade utility.
Support for 64 wifi clients on ath10k based wireless adapters
The maximum number of wifi clients supported by ath10k based wireless adapters within CDRouter has been increased from 32 to 64. [ch3689]
Broadband Forum USP Agent Certification
CDRouter is the official test tool of the Broadband Forum’s USP Agent Certification program. This release of CDRouter includes a full implementation of TR-469 Conformance Test Plan for USP Agents in the usp_conformance test module. [ch4627]
More information on how to use the CDRouter USP Add-On to perform self-testing certification can be found here.
New parameter for fetching detailed data in Web API requests
Many API calls which return a list of resources (configs, results, etc.) can now be modified to return all fields for that resource. Previously, only requests for an individual instance of a resource would provide detailed information, whereas requests for a list of resources yielded a summary view of the resource. See the CDRouter Web API documentation for details. The cdrouter.py Python module has also been updated to support the new
- The new testvar ipv6RelayServerGlobal can be used to specify the global IPv6 address of CDRouter’s 6rd/6to4 relay server. [ch4343]
The libraries and utilities used by CDRouter have been rebuilt on CentOS 7 (previously these were built on CentOS 6 which is nearing end-of-life status). In addition, certain libraries and utilities will now be pulled in from the system automatically as dependencies when CDRouter is installed. [ch3424]
CDRouter’s Ethernet MTU is no longer automatically reduced when VLANs are enabled. [ch4766]
- Updated the default value of the testvar uspParameterPath1
Updated the ET Open ruleset shipped with the CDRouter Security add-on to version 9456. [ch4533]
Added support for non-UDP/TCP security alerts which lack ports. Previously, CDRouter assumed all alert events coming from Suricata’s eve-log would contain
dest_portkeys, which is not true for alerts associated with, for example, ICMP packets. Therefore, CDRouter has been updated to support alerts without port information. [ch4556]
IPv6 internet connection sharing (ICS) now provides connectivity for all addresses within the WAN network defined by the testvars ipv6WanIspAssignIp and ipv6WanIspPrefixLen . Previously only addresses within the delegated prefix were given connectivity. [ch4158]
IPv6 internet connection sharing (ICS) can now be enabled in configurations that do not have DHCPv6 prefix delegation enabled. [ch4657]
- CDRouter’s 6rd/6to4 relay server is now configured with the IPv6 global address specified by the new testvar ipv6RelayServerGlobal . Previously, CDRouter’s relay server was only configured with an IPv6 link-local address, which made it impossible for IPv6 packets originated by the relay server (for example, ICMPv6 Packet Too Big messages) to reach IPv6 LAN clients behind the DUT. Adding this new testvar and configuring the relay server with this IPv6 global address resolves this issue, allowing LAN clients performing Path MTU discovery to learn the PMTU of IPv6 hosts accessed over the tunnel. [ch4343]
- Improved logging for performance tests using more than one stream. [ch1770]
- Updated tests tr143_http_11, tr143_http_12, tr143_http_13, tr143_http_14, and tr143_http_50 to support the Device:2.13 data model. [ch4471]