The Broadband Forum’s BBF.069 CPE Certification Program allows for self-testing certification using a Broadband Forum approved testing tool with final review by a Broadband Forum approved Test Agency. Certification test services are also available through approved Test Agencies.
This document describes the steps required to perform self certification of the Broadband Forum’s BBF.069 CPE Certification Program using CDRouter. For information on certification test services please contact an approved Test Agency directly.
The test plan for this certification program is defined in Broadband Forum TP-069 Issue 2 Corrigendum 1, “TR-069 Test Plan”. CDRouter 12.12 has been validated as a Broadband Forum approved testing tool for TP-069 Issue 2 Corrigendum 1 (the latest version).
- The tester SHALL have a CDRouter system.
- The tester SHALL have the CDRouter TR-069 and BBF.069 add-ons enabled within their license.
- The tester SHALL perform all testing using the latest release of CDRouter software validated for BBF.069 self-testing.
- The company seeking certification for their Endpoint Under Test (EUT) SHALL be a member in good standing of the Broadband Forum.
The BBF.069 test module within CDRouter contains a complete implementation of the tests defined in TP-069. The following table defines which version of TP-069 is implemented within each version of CDRouter.
|CDRouter Version||TP-069 Version||BBF.069 Script Version|
|12.12+||Issue 2 Corrigendum 1||9.2|
- Determine which tests are supported by the EUT. An Endpoint Under Test (EUT) MUST complete all Mandatory test cases, and MUST complete all Conditional Mandatory test cases for ALL features supported by the EUT.
- Create a CDRouter configuration file with TR-069 enabled. The testvar bbf069HTTPVerification must be set to yes. Please refer to the BBF.069 User’s Guide for configuration information.
- Create a new test package that references the configuration created in step 2. Select all of the tests from the BBF.069 add-on that the EUT supports and add them to the test package.
- Run the test package created in step 3.
- Debug all results obtained in step 4 and re-run until all tests are PASSING.
- Once testing is complete and all tests have been PASSED, navigate to the Results page within CDRouter’s web UI, put a check mark next to the test result with all tests PASSing, and click the Export button.
- Save the export archive obtained in step 6. This is required for certification.
Application for Certification
Contact a Broadband Forum Test Agency. Currently approved Test Agencies include:
- The University of New Hampshire InterOperability Laboratory Home Networking Consortium (UNH-IOL HNC).
Submit the export archive obtained during testing (step 8). Include the following information:
- Product manufacturer
- Product model
- Product name
- System software version
- Features that were tested via Conditional Mandatory test cases.
The Test Agency will guide applicants through the remainder of the certification process.
For full details of the Broadband Forum’s BBF.069 CPE Certification program, contact the Broadband Forum at email@example.com.
Review and Approval of Test Results by a Test Agency
Test Agencies should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to approve self-testing certification test results.